Table of Contents
AutoCAD is computer-aided design software for performing 2D and 3D designing. It has made it effortless for us to draw and design 2D and 3D projects more easily than doing that by hand that causes different errors and takes too much time. It also enables users to store files on the cloud safely and securely without the loss of data. This feature helps a person to view their files at any time.
- While working on large projects using AutoCAD, you can easily zoom in or out and point other areas also. Moreover, a variety of tools enables you to outlook your product from different aspects.
- You can rotate your drawing easily to point out any error or you can edit it by changing colors quite easily.
- You can create design easily using various tools in a short time.
- Also, if any error is made then you can easily remove them by doing undo and by starting it again.
- In addition to that, it can store multiple files at a single place and data gets saved securely without any harm to your files.
- It is time saver software as it consumes less time for drawing and can even print copies of that.
- It provides accuracy while loading and merging large files.
- Very simple and user friendly tool.
- AutoCAD is an expensive software compared to others.
- Needs a much powerful processing system to run.
- It needs more time for a person to learn AutoCAD before using it.
- If a system faces any problem or cash, then the data will be lost.
SolidWorks is a 3D CAD software that provides a platform for architects, designers and engineers for getting their ideas into real life projects. Being a Powerful software, it offers great features in a less time and at a high speed.
- SolidWorks is used in different fields including engineering, designing, and architecture.
- By using SolidWorks you can quickly edit designs or redo or undo your designs.
- It can be used to design and provide a variety of services in different fields.
- It is easily manageable and comfortable to use.
- It is cost-effective.
- Allows users to design and work faster and easy for 3D designing.
- Time-efficient and both 2D drawings and 3D modeling can be done simultaneously.
- You can also generate a surface from a solid model and repair existing parts in SolidWorks
- It doesn’t provide a platform for making comprehensive images from raw data so you will need some other software.
- Another thing is that, when it comes for merging files with other CAD software, SolidWorks is not friendly or suitable for this function.
- SolidWorks only runs on Windows and doesn’t support MacOS or any other OS.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is AutoCAD the same as SolidWorks?
Both AutoCAD and SolidWorks are CAD software, which provides users 2D and 3D designing but apart from that, there are a lot of things that make them separate from each other. The first thing is that AutoCAD is usually and widely used for 2D and non-parametric designing while SolidWorks is widely used for 3D and parametric designing. Another thing is that SolidWorks only runs on Windows OS while AutoCAD can run on all OS.
Is it necessary to learn AutoCAD before SolidWorks?
Peoples usually learn AutoCAD before switching to SolidWorks as once if you will get command on AutoCAD first then you can easily use any other CAD software. In addition to that SolidWorks is much easier to learn and very much useful than AutoCAD.
Which is better to do AutoCAD or SolidWorks or both?
It is useful to do both AutoCAD and SolidWorks as both are somewhere linked to each other and both are best for designing and you can be more professional if you will learn both.
Why is SolidWorks preferred over AutoCAD for 3D design?
The main reason for giving priority to SolidWorks over AutoCAD is that SolidWorks is mainly easy to learn and is much more advance and cheaper than AutoCAD. Also that SolidWorks consists a variety of tools for drafting and designing.