The latest version of Blender is 2.91, which is released recently.
Blender is a 3D modeling, animation and rendering software.
Uses Of Blender:
Blender is used to create a 3d model from scratch, sculpt, rig, texture, animate and can be used for rendering movie formats.
It consists of its own engine which can be used to offer for rendering third party engines.
It also assists using Python languages for stretchable access to different options.
- With the combination of amazing features, working with blender is mind blowing.
- Provides a single platform for different functions other than 3D designing, drafting or texturing like movie production and animated films.
- Scripting is very much easy.
- Provides visual effect features.
- Not easy to use, especially for beginners.
- Too much bugs can irritate you and can affect your working.
- Excessiveness layers system.
SketchUp latest model is releases recently which is SketchUp Pro 2021.
Uses Of Sketchup:
SketchUp consists of diverse features and capabilities which makes it easy for CAD user to do drafting and modeling.
Used in interior designing, engineering, architecture, video gaming and filming designing.
It supports proficiency in both 2D and 3D designing, engineering design, and different tools for multiple projects.
Designers uses SketchUp as it is fast and provides quick access to tools.
- As it is user friendly, anyone having knowledge of computer or design can use it comfortably.
- All the tools are easily available on the tool bar and you don’t need to go into searching for that.
- You can easily share your files with other users in a less time and without any extra efforts.
- You can use it for free only if you are online.
- Simple to use but a powerful software.
- Too much easy to learn.
- It’s not a BIM system.
- Not a professional tool, and only provides design.
- Undo option is not available which can be quite irritating for the user.
- Creating and controlling layout is hard.
Frequently Ask Question
Can blender replace SketchUp?
Blender and SketchUp are totally different from each other. If we talk about Blender, it is used for gaming animation and 3D designing. Whereas SketchUp is for architecture interior designing. As they are far apart from each other according to their uses so it is not possible for both of them to replace each other.
Does blender work with SketchUp?
It is possible to import files for Blender from SketchUp and you can easily format SketchUp files in Blender. But when it comes to working on both Software, they can’t do each other’s job and are completely different from each other.